Over the course of a week, we see plenty of RTs and information passed along from person to person across the Twitterverse. Great blog posts, articles and other information are passed along and we all benefit from sharing.
But, every week, due to the sheer volume of tweets, we sometimes miss out on the insightful and sometimes controversial tweets that start meaningful and interesting conversations around topics in PR, marketing and social networks.
So, each week I will attempt to capture what, in my opinion, were the “tweets of the week”–hope you’ll do your part in helping me fill in what I’ve missed. Take a look below and let me know what you think. Who knows, maybe these tweets will restart new conversations with folks who may not have seen these pearls of wisdom earlier in the week:
* People of earth, Twitter is what YOU make of it. Opt in. Create your own experience and the hell with the rest.–@ambercadabra
* I’m still very much a PR girl. I think the “what it takes” has changed in PR and some refuse to evolve.–@shannonpaul
* Are you too much of an “A-lister” or too important and “busy” to respond to someone who responds to your tweet? Then why are you tweeting?–@marc_meyer
* My primary objective in any meeting is to end the meeting.–@badbanana
* The best writers, and hence the best bloggers, develop their own voice, their own tenor, their own POV. –@dpolitis
* Sponsored content is the future of advertising because it binds the ad to the consumption of media. Higher CTRs. Better ROI. –@tedmurphy
* Look at the quality of content and interaction on the topic. Ask yourself–Would you read it? –@dfolkens
* A credible blogger is one who makes a mistake and still shows up tomorrow. –@scotthepburn
* If you don’t offer option of comments, you’re not listening. If ur not listening, ur not in the game.–@dannybrown
* Social Media is the new zeitgeist.–@tdefren
* Never make someone a priority if they consider you an option.–@researchgoddess
* The people are the rock stars. the rockstars work to build a rock star brand.–@mattceni
* Blogging takes love. If you don’t love your blog don’t start the relationship in the first place–@dannybrown
* Twitter is like any relationship. You get out of it what you put into it.–@benbrugler
* Idea for corp. blogs. Get a customer that blogs to guest post. Offer the customer a voice and improve your service thru that.–@dannybrown
* Check your ego: There’s not much difference between “A-List” and just “a list–@scotthepburn
What were your favorite tweets of the week?