Over the last few months, I’ve participated in the “Follow Friday” trend as a way to share connections and promote others over the Twitter airwaves. But, I’m going to steal a page out of my friend Sonny Gill’s playbook here and provide a little more context behind my Friday Follow suggestions on a weekly basis.
Here are my six Follow Friday suggestions for the week of March 16:
* David Mullen (@dmullen). One of the first folks I connected with on Twitter–boy, was I lucky. David is responsive, smart and funny (for a NC guy). And a tremendous advocate for the PR industry–learn more on his blog: Communications Catalyst.
* Danny Brown (@dannybrown). One of the great PR Twitter voices. Danny’s a busy guy. Whether it’s helping kids by donating a Wii to a local hospital or assisting starving children around the world through his 12Kfor12 initiative that he jumpstarted earlier this year (just raised more than 13K in 12 hours yesterday!), Danny keeps a pretty tight schedule. Oh, and he also manages to blog daily. But, he’s always willing to help. If you’re lucky, you can catch him on #journchat Monday nights, too.
* Scott Hepburn (@scotthepburn). The Chris Rock of Twitter. Scott’s tweets have made me spit up my coffee on more than one occasion. Huge ‘Cuse fan (don’t hold that against him). Smart PR guy. And always looking to engage in conversation. You can follow his thoughts and views on his blog–Media Emerging–where he discusses the intersection between PR, social media and journalism. Following Scott’s a no-brainer.
* Allan Schoenberg (@allanschoenberg). I only met Allan two months ago, but in that time he’s helped me develop multiple blog posts, advised me on professional decisions and collaborated with me on a soon-to-be-unveiled B2B project. This guy knows PR inside and out and he leads the corporate communications function for the largest financial exchange in the U.S. Oh, and in his “free time”, he’s an adjunct professor at DePaul University at Loyola University-Chicago. Why wouldn’t you want to follow him?
* David Spinks (@davidspinks). He may still be in school, but David’s as smart as they come when it comes to the social media/marketing/PR space. And he’s going to make some organization very happy in the near future when he graduates and accepts that first job. For now, he keeps an active blog full of advice on social media, creativity and marketing/communications. He’s also a big sports fan (we connect here–even though he is from NY) and an artist.
* Amy Mengel (@amymengel). World traveler, PR and social media junkie and fellow Bell’s Beer fan, I took a shining to Amy right away. Plus, she adds great value through her blog, Mengel’s Musings, where she discusses corporate communications, B2B PR/marketing and a slew of other topics. Always engaging and willing to share her thoughts, I’d highly recommend following Amy.
Who are your Follow Fridays today and why?