You’ve probably seen the meme going around on Facebook that asks you to list out “25 random things” about yourself. I posted mine initially a few days ago, but since then I’ve been tagged by a number of people, so instead of reposting on Facebook, I thought I’d post it here for everyone to see. After all, I’m an open book for the most part. Nothing to hide here.
1. I have a Blackberry but I have HUGE iPhone envy.
2. On that note, I’m a Mac guy. Always will be. I think you’re either a Mac guy or you’re an idiot. Just sayin’.
3. I’m a relatively smart guy, just don’t ask me to do anything that involves a hammer, screwdriver or a table saw.
4. I spend WAY too much time on my computer every day. I cannot overstate this enough.
5. I’m a big wimp. Can’t look at needles when they draw my blood. Had to leave room once when they gave my son a catheter. Seriously, they gave him a catheter when he was 3 months old. I still have bad dreams about that.
6. If it weren’t for my wife, I’d be a walking pizza roll. Let’s just say historically, I haven’t had the best eating habits.
7. I need my Caribou coffee. Just started drinking a few years ago. Oddly, that’s about the same time we had our first child.
8. I live for my kids. Love my wife. Can’t believe how lucky I am each day to wake up to all of them.
9. I like having a broad network of friends instead of a few really close personal friends. Always been that way.
10. I played golf collegiately. Wasn’t all that good but I did play in an NAIA national tournament.
11. I really didn’t start my college experience until my senior year. Long story. But it led me to some of my best friends. No regrets.
12. I have wide-ranging music tastes. I can go from Disturbed to Journey to Johnny Cash to Jimmy Buffet in a 15 minute span.
13. I played in a “garage band” for a few years. And when I say “garage band” I mean five guys who had no idea what they were doing. Some very fun times though in Jay Troe’s basement. Kinda miss that sometimes.
14. If I had to do it all over again (collegiately), I’d go to school at KU for all four years, take the hit and pay off the loans. And I’d teach and coach boys basketball and golf somewhere near KC, Charlotte, or San Diego. I’d also spend a semester abroad–missed out big time on that one. Of course, I’d be broke as hell, but it’d be a lot of fun.
15. If I had to do it all over again again (professionally), I’d start my career working for an agency like Fleishman or Shandwick, travel the world and settle into a cushy corporate job in my mid-30s. Do ‘cushy corporate jobs’ still exist? 🙂
16. I’m looking forward to teaching my kids the game of golf and playing many rounds with them as I grow older. Then again, they could wind up playing hockey. Damn Minnesota.
17. My favorite spot on earth: Honeymoon Beach on St John. We will retire there. Mark my words.
18. I’ve always wanted a boat. Don’t know how to operate one. Don’t know much about them. But every time I’ve been on one, I just feel like I was meant to be on the water. Can’t really describe it. I need to act on this soon.
19. I’m a little bit of a video game nerd. Grew up on Track N Field, Qbert and Pitfall. Graduated to FIFA soccer and RBI baseball in my college years. These days it’s all about Guitar Hero and MarioKart.
20. I hate MN winters. HATE. I know that’s a strong word and I don’t care. I HATE them. If it weren’t for the fact that my entire network of friends and family leave within 30 miles of us, I would be out of here in a minute.
21. My dream job? Director of PR/communications for the PGA of America. Actually met the guy who performs this job three years ago at Medinah. Best. Job. Ever.
22. I’m a huge WI Dells rube. My Mom and Dad took us every summer growing up. Plan on doing the same with my kids. Love Noah’s Ark.
23. I live with a lot of regrets, but I’m always hopeful about the future. Never more so than this year. So much opportunity ahead of us al in 2009.
24. I grew up in the suburbs and now live in the city. That’s a microcosm of my life. I like to do things my way (Frankie style, baby!), not necessarily the way everyone else does it.
25. My dreams: Watch my kids grow up to be healthy, happy, productive human beings; live in St. John; live on a golf course at some point in my life; grow old with my wife; have at least three different careers by the time I’m 75.