Whatever the case, ideas for that PR pro on your holiday gift list can be hard to come by. So, I thought I’d put together a short list of some of my favorite ideas, along with some great ideas from the community around us.
First, my ideas:
* The ultimate iPad sleeve (I’m buying this as soon as I get my iPad this Christmas!).
* A ticket to the 2011 SXSWi–one of the “must attend” conferences of the year in the digital arena.
And, the community ideas:
* A flip cam, editing software and paid for class on how to use it. Frank Strong, Vocus.
* Every PR professional should have a self-hosted blog that allows you to get additional writing experience outside of work, experiment with what it’s like to grow and maintain a readership and experience with understanding Google Analytics (and I highly recommend keeping close track of your blog’s traffic stats!). I’d also recommend Switch by Chip and Dan Heath. Even though it doesn’t directly relate to the PR industry, you can very easily apply what you learn in this book to public relations. Nikki Stephan, Identity PR
* An iTunes gift card. In general I hate gift cards and think they’re a cop out, but since you can use them to buy iPhone and iPad apps, they can come in really handy for PR pros who are trying to keep up in the digital world.
And finally, Kevin Dugan from the Bad Pitch Blog, gives us this sage piece of gift-buying advice: “Learn what inspires them. Give gift cards to fuel inspiration. Music = iTunes. Not impersonal if they know WHY you bought it.”
What would you add to the list?
Note: Photo courtesy of Hilldog! via FlickR Creative Commons.